Where possible, we prefer that Trainees have completed the “Living a Healthy Life” Workshop as a participant before training as a leader.
The application process will include:
- Submitting the Volunteer Application Form. Alternatively this can be downloaded in PDF format.
- An interview in person or by telephone
- A signed commitment to:
– Honour responsibilities as a Peer Leader.
– Adhere to the policies of the Central LHIN including a ‘pledge of confidentiality’ and a ‘code of conduct’.
- Submitting evidence of a valid Police Reference Check.
The above volunteer recruitment procedures are standard practice and help to promote a safe environment for self-management workshop participants and fellow Peer Leaders.
This program made me aware that there is a common denominator for many health conditions. As a result of this class I feel better prepared to help myself and reach my goals