Why Become a Volunteer Peer Leader?
Leaders are individuals interested in teaching and empowering others to better manage their chronic conditions and to live a healthy life. As a leader, you will have the satisfying task of integrating the contents of the program and learning group facilitation skills that can be transferred to other areas of your life. Most importantly, you will watch people affected by chronic conditions successfully manage their health conditions by using the skills and tools that you have shared with them.
Peer Leader Training is available for persons affected by chronic conditions including patients, family members, caregivers, & educators. Thousands of patients and caregivers have been trained to lead Self-Management Workshops in over 25 countries in all kinds of communities.
We hope you will consider becoming a volunteer group leader for this worthwhile program. You will have fun, meet new friends and help others to positively self manage their chronic conditions.
Characteristics of a Leader
- Responsible, respected and trustworthy
- Able to problem solve
- Open to new ideas
- Able to keep confidentiality
- Committed to the philosophy of the program, its objectives and goals
- Able to communicate on sensitive issues; is discreet and tolerant
- Able to facilitate a group discussion
- Committed towards helping others
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Willing to listen, learn new skills, and become a healthy role model
To view our Peer Leader Training Schedule click here.
To complete an online application to become a Peer Leader, go here, choose which training you are interested in & complete that form!