[et_pb_section fullwidth=”on” specialty=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_slider admin_label=”Fullwidth Slider” show_arrows=”on” show_pagination=”on” auto=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” module_id=”ukpt_slider”][et_pb_slide heading=”Inform Your Community” background_image=”http://www.healthy-living-now.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/pic1.jpg” background_color=”#ffffff” alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark” allow_player_pause=”off” /][/et_pb_fullwidth_slider][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off”][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”]
About the FREE “Living a Healthy Life” workshop
You can help to spread the word about this effective and fun workshop for “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions.” We are always looking for new partners in our Central LHIN communities. Here are some ideas of ways you can inform your community about the free “Living a Healthy Life” workshop.
Promote our program
- Post a link on your website (http://www.healthy-living-now.ca), or include it in your print materials. If you do, let us know! We’d love to hear from you.
- Include “Living a Healthy Life” workshop schedule in your next newsletter.
- Send self-management workshop listings to a community events calendar.
- Put a “Healthy Living Now” poster in your centre bulletin board or brochures in your waiting room. You can request promotional materials from our office by calling 905-895-4521 ext 6656
Partner with us
- Host an introductory session (1-1½ hours) for your staff or the broader community. A speaker from the “Living a Healthy Life” program can share excerpts from the workshop and will answer questions. We can also do a shorter lunch & learn presentation to your staff about the program at your best time, availability, and location.
- Send your staff or volunteers to the Volunteer Peer Leader training so they can facilitate the workshops in your area.
- Host a six-week workshop in your organization’s meeting room.
- Organize a group of 8-16 people who are interested in taking the workshop and we will provide the group facilitators to your location.
- Learn how to incorporate Self-Management Support approaches and referrals into your daily activities.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_testimonial admin_label=”Testimonial” author=”Glaser” url_new_window=”off” quote_icon=”on” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#3e9836″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”]
This program made me aware that there is a common denominator for many health conditions. As a result of this class I feel better prepared to help myself and reach my goals